OK, it's now February and guess how many resolutions I've stuck with? Zero. I haven't even started on most of them. So, since I don't want to be all negative, I won't even try to address any personal resolutions that I've ignored. I'm just not gonna go there. But, I will address my crafting resolutions.
1. Make three cards every week. Nope. I made thank you cards, but that was it. And they were all the same. I really should post some pictures as they were super cute (in my opinion). I cased them from someone, but of course I don't remember who!!
2. Get crafts organized and set up where I can sit down and create whenever the mood hits me. Nope. Houseguests and the overall situation with the ice storm prevented anything I could do. Of course, I probably wouldn't have done anything anyway.
3. Make a rag quilt. I'm actually working on it. I started it on January 24th, and I'm down to 4 fat quarters that need to be ironed before I cut them. I should be ready to start sewing the sandwich squares together tonight.
4. Complete all projects that I start (or that are halfway done now.) Nope.
5. Get all Christmas stuff (cards, presents, etc.) completed before December 1st so I can concentrate on the season and all that it stands for (family, friends and celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ). Nope.
6. Decorate my new house (provided that we get one!) Nope.
7. Learn one new craft or technique each month (this can probably be accomplished at stamp club as Tonya always has good stuff for us to try!) Well, it's only the 5th, so I'm sure that will happen.
8. Record all of the details of the cards I make, so if I get good enough and have the confidence in my abilities, I can submit cards/projects for publication. Here's a link of Cammie's article with tips for publications. Nope.
9. Along those lines, I'd like to become a design team member for a stamp company. I love all of the stamp companies and it seems like I'm finding new ones every day. I'll keep my eyes open for design team calls and hopefully I'll be right for one of the. The idea of free supplies is something I love!! Of course, I have to get good enough to achieve that goal too. Nope.
What was the reason for this post again??? I guess I am trying to keep myself accountable. I'll forget all about making this post until I get it in my inbox tomorrow, so maybe that'll keep me on track. Hopefully I'll post some pictures this weekend of cards and maybe a quilt?? Later! Kim