Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Years Resolutions & random babbling

OK, so I'm a little late on this. I haven't made any resolutions until now as I wasn't sure what I wanted to accomplish this year. Kara and I were discussing resolutions, and that got me to thinking. I definitely cannot make resolutions without writing them down. And if I list them here on my blog, maybe it will keep me accountable. (This blog really got me to thinking about this and is the final push to making these resolutions.)I will make life resolutions and crafting resolutions. Not sure if any of them will be easy to do, but here goes:

Life resolutions
1. Purchase a house and move.
2. Start watching my diet better and lose 15 pounds.
3. Start exercising...again.
4. Learn to manage stress better.
5. Spend more time with my family.
6. Start journaling my diet/weight/meds/moods, etc. again.
7. Try to get off of most of my pain meds.
8. Live life to the fullest.

Craft resolutions
1. Make three cards every week.
2. Get crafts organized and set up where I can sit down and create whenever the mood hits me.
3. Make a rag quilt.
4. Complete all projects that I start (or that are halfway done now.)
5. Get all Christmas stuff (cards, presents, etc.) completed before December 1st so I can concentrate on the season and all that it stands for (family, friends and celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ).
6. Decorate my new house (provided that we get one!)
7. Learn one new craft or technique each month (this can probably be accomplished at stamp club as Tonya always has good stuff for us to try!)
8. Record all of the details of the cards I make, so if I get good enough and have the confidence in my abilities, I can submit cards/projects for publication. Here's a link of Cammie's article with tips for publications.
9. Along those lines, I'd like to become a design team member for a stamp company. I love all of the stamp companies and it seems like I'm finding new ones every day. I'll keep my eyes open for design team calls and hopefully I'll be right for one of the. The idea of free supplies is something I love!! Of course, I have to get good enough to achieve that goal too.


I guess that is all for now. I should probably resolve to not buy so much crafting stuff (random stuff to alter, paper, dies, etc.) as I haven't been using stuff, just buying. But if I stick with my crafting goals, maybe I'll NEED to buy more stuff! :)

OK, hopefully soon you'll see some cards. I never posted my Christmas card or any of the cards that I made at Tonya's Stamp a Stack workshop. I am without my wonderful portable studio, so I'll have to wait until I get it back to take the pictures. But I really will post some crafts soon.

In other news, Spellbinders is holding a contest to win the new Nestibilities releases. You have to send an email everyday with the featured die name in your subject. I hope I win! Of course, I've got four sets of Nesties and never use them (hard to use when you don't make anything!)

Something else I've been meaning to do is show some blog love. I subscribe to several blogs, but I have one in particular that I LOVE! Debbie is so creative and always an inspiration to me. I've seen her projects in magazines, so she's famous in the crafting world. But she's also very nice and has emailed answers to my many questions regarding a certain card she made. Anyway, I've been meaning to share this info for a while now, but never got around to it!

No comments: