Wednesday, July 15, 2015

I'm An Official Homemaker!

I'm sorry to all of my readers (insert sarcasm here as I'm sure I have very few readers!!) for neglecting you for 5 years. I've been busy raising a kiddo! And up until a year ago, working full time while doing that. A year ago I lost my job and have been a stay at home wife since. I say stay at home wife as my daughter still goes to school. It would be a disservice to her education to pull her out of school, as I wouldn't have the disciple to teach her the way she is taught at the daycare. Plus, I want her to have the social interaction she receives at daycare. I say all this, not to justify anything, as it's what is best for my family, but to explain why I don't call myself a stay at home mommy. 

Anywho...I'm officially a homemaker, why you ask? I've been cooking and cleaning for a while now. That makes me a homemaker. What's changed? I CANNED DILL PICKLES!! Yes, in my mind, I'm now an official homemaker. 

Here's the proof: 



I canned nine quarts total. Now to wait 3-4 weeks. I'm ready to eat them now!! 

I'm looking for more stuff to can. My hubby has a new baby (our garden) who is trying to get as many veggies as possible  for us. But from all that I've read, you can't safely can squash and zucchini. So, it looks like I'm learning to blanch and freeze vegetables too!! We have a Foodsaver that I've used a couple of times. I guess it looks like I'll be getting more use out of it now. 

Thanks for reading. I'm going to try to start blogging more often, even if it's more of a journal for myself!! Thanks for reminding me of my blog Cat!! This one is dedicated to you!!!

No comments: