Sunday, March 29, 2009

Rag Quilt

Well, I said a few posts ago that I was going to take a photo of my rag quilt and post it, but still have not done it. So here it is:

Photobucket


I absolutely love it! I didn't make sure the batting was not showing on the edges (which I knew I should have cut it out...) and you can see it some on the edges.

Photobucket

Oh well, maybe eventually I'll take scissors and cut each little piece out. I started doing that the day that I washed and dried it, but soon I was tired of it! I bought more fabric yesterday at Hobby Lobby only because I actually found some homespun fabric. It will be red, white and blue. I think it will turn out beautiful, just gotta get it all cut down. That's the worst part! Hopefully I'll have enough fabric to make a matching pillow too! Let me know what you think about the quilt! ~Kim

4 comments:

Tonya said...

I love this! Warm, cozy colors...makes me want to crawl up under it!

I haven't tried one of these yet -- but it's on my list of things to do!

Wolfie said...

I love making ragged quilts. I have probably 20 of them in my home... all different colors. LOL

I also used to make and sell them on my website. I had to close that at the end of 2008 though.

Yours is great. Was it your first??

WOLFIE

Wolfie said...

Hi!!! Thanks for the response.

To be totally honest.... making the quilts (for me) wasn't a huge money maker when I had my shop.

I sold them... yes. I just had them priced at what I considered to be a price I would be willing to pay for one myself and that didn't leave much profit at all.

Once you factor in fabric, batting, thread .... a tiny mark-up.... you get nothing for your time, etc.

But I loved making them and loved having my shop so I did it for that reason, not to make much money from them. lol

WOLFIE

Dee said...

Love the quilt!! How cute!! I want to try and make one soon!!