Friday, February 15, 2008

100 Facts about Me!

Angelosity has this challenge on her blog. I first saw it when California Stampin had facts about her in each of her posts. So I read back to fact number one and saw this challenge. I think it's really cool so I've decided to join...22 days late! So, this first post will include 22 facts about me, and then I will start doing this daily. Maybe this will inspire me to do more blogging (and more crafting) in the process! Anyway, here's my first 22 facts:

1. I am married to a wonderful man named Jason. He is my best friend and my soulmate. He loves me the way I am (which is enough to drive anyone bonkers!) and I couldn't ask for more. Love you babe!

2. Jason and I do not have kids. We are almost 100% sure that we do not want children. Not completely...time will tell. I know if it is meant to be, God will let it happen.

3. I have one older sister. We fought like cats and dogs growing up. We're not real close, but I love her and wouldn't trade her for anything.

4. I have three very cute nephews and one beautiful niece. My sister's two children are Jacob, who is 13 years old and Samantha who just turned 10 years old. Jason's sisters two children are Quinn, who is 4 and Cade who is two...wait, maybe he's three...I'm a horrible aunt! I can't remember the year he was born!!

5. I am a mac nerd! I love my iBook and wish I still worked on a mac at work. I go back and forth between mac and PC pretty effortlessly, but would still rather use a mac.

6. I love to scrapbook. I used to be a Creative Memories Consultant, but I didn't sell much and since I have a closet full of stuff, I couldn't justify buying more stuff to keep me active. Hopefully some day I'll get motivated and get back to scrapbooking. I have a ton of stuff to scrap, and all of the supplies, I just need motivation.

7. I have lost 224 pounds in the last two years. I had gastric bypass surgery and it has completely changed my life. I was a healthy obese person, but I knew it was only a matter of time before I developed diabetes and heart problems. When I had my gall bladder out in 2005, the surgeon told my mom if I didn't have WLS I wouldn't make it to see 50 years. Scary thought!

8. I have worked in many different fields in my life. I started out in restaurants as a teenager. Then I worked for a temp agency doing secretarial work. I've worked in convenient stores. I've also worked in the admitting department at a hospital and the emergency room of the same hospital. Now I work in the printing industry. My favorite job of all times was working at a youth camp. I loved working with the kids and working outdoors. I'm not sure if I have the patience to do it now, but I did when I was younger.

9. My favorite color has changed over the years. At one time it was black, purple, pink, etc. Now it depends on what it is. Overall, my favorite color is blue. But for cars, I like brown/gold cars.

10. I've lived in Kentucky and Ohio. Different cities in each state, but in the same areas. Not too exciting!

11. I've got two tattoos. One is on my ankle. It's a rose that a friend in college drew. The other is Ariel from The Little Mermaid.

12. I have a new addiction. It's called knitting. My mom taught me how last year and I can't quit it. She taught me how to crochet as a kid, but I never had the patience to sit still long enough to learn to knit. I have that now and I'm hooked! Now, I just have to get her to show me what to do to get the project off the needles!! She said it is easy, but not easy enough to talk me through it over the phone! Maybe I'll see her this weekend and she can show me!

13. I LOVE sugary candy! Nerds, suckers, gummies, anything with sugar, I love. I'm not that big of a chocolate addict, but I love me some sugar!

14. How did me and my husband meet? We both worked at the same summer camp in 1996. He's from Northern KY, and I'm from Western KY, and we never would have met if he hadn't of went to a summer job fair at EKU. We had a summer romance that I was sure was gonna end once he left. But, he kept calling and visiting. And 10 months later he asked me to marry him! We've been together ever since!

15. I have a very close group of friends that I hang out with and I met them all at the summer camp I worked and grew up at. I have Kara, who I've known the longest, who also works with me at the printing company. Her sister is Jenni, we roomed together in college. Then there is Jason, of course. I live with him, so we see each other alot. Then there is Kris and Shawn. They also met at camp, neither are from the town I live in, but both went to school here and have made it their home. To round out the group, we have Dinker and Dozer. They ran the camp that we worked at and have proven to be great friends. I don't know what I'd do without my close friends. I feel like a very lucky person to have them in my life.

16. I love all kinds of music. The only thing I'm not real keen on is Opera or Death Metal (if you want to call it that) or hard core gansta rap. It does surprise people to know that I LOVE Eminem, but I also love the Dixie Chicks! Mostly what I listen to is 80's music on my satellite radio. Love the Big 80s!

17. I love to read. I haven't read any good books lately. I mostly read at night while trying to go to sleep. I've been looking at Women's Health lately. Good stuff.

18. I am a reality show junkie! I love almost all reality shows. My favorites are American Idol and Big Brother. I don't watch Amazing Race or Survivor, but love the rest. I've sent in an audition tape for Big Brother, but didn't get picked. I also auditioned Nashville Star but I didn't make it either. That is why I am a Reality Show Reject!

19. I HATE to clean. I love having a clean house, but I hate doing the deed. I guess if I'd keep things straightened on a daily basis, then it wouldn't be so hard. I could just dust and vacuum weekly and be good. Well, maybe if I was a happy homemaker I'd get more into it. Who knows!

20. I don't know how to cook. I know how to fix some dishes, and I have lots of recipes for appettizers, but for me to go into the kitchen, pull ingredients and spices and start cooking? Nope, can't do it. I asked my mom recently why she didn't make me learn to cook as a teenager. She looked at me and gave me the evil eye and said, "I couldn't MAKE you do ANYTHING!" OK then. I must have been a hand full. That may be one reason that we don't have kids. We're afraid we'd have another one like me!!

21. Speaking of my mom, I love my parents! My mom is my best friend and I can talk to her about anything. She is kind hearted and loves her kids and grandkids more than anything in the world. She works hard, and complains about her job alot, but she doesn't have much of a life outside of work and home. She's a homebody hermit (that's who I get it from!) My dad is a jack of all trades, master of ALL! He worked at a sporting goods store in the gun department. I grew up around guns as he used to take me to the range to shoot. He's very good at his job because he's a people person. He's never met a stranger. I remember going with him to a flea market one time and he stopped to talk to a guy. They carried on like they were old friends. As we walked away, I asked who that was and he said, "I don't know, some guy I know." He knows faces but usually not names. I guess I get my good nature in dealing with the public from him. He's good in customer service as I am too. I may complain about my customers in private, but I never let them know it. I make sure they know that they are number 1. Without them, I'd be without a job.

22. I wear contacts and glasses. I wish I could have lasix surgery so I could fall asleep while watching TV without worrying about breaking my glasses or taking my contacts out. Maybe someday.

WHEEWW! That was a long list! I'm glad to have caught up, and will start making this a daily thing. What a great challenge!

1 comment:

Lori Stilger said...

WOW, that's a lot to share in one day! :D Thanks for letting us get to know you a bit better, and congrats on all your accomplishments - and being surrounded by loving friends and family.
Thanks for leaving such a sweet comment on my SU! blog. :) Good luck on the blog candy!
Have a blessed day!